FERMAPOR® K31 LOW-EMISSION foam systems
...fulfil auto manufacturers’ standards
Low emission FERMAPOR® K31 LOW EMISSION polyurethane-based foam sealing systems seal parts for the passenger compartment, without polluting the interior air with VOC-emissions and fogging. This ensures clean, allergen-free air in the car interior.
The FERMAPOR® K31 LOW EMISSION systems fulfil the following
target values for fogging behaviour and for thermodesorption (VOC) and formaldehyde emissions for flexible open-cell polyurethane foams defined in the car manufacturers' standards: DBL 5452-13 (Daimler), PA-C 325 (BMW), GMW 15634, GMW 60326, GMW 3235-B and GMW 60271 (GM/Opel), as well as VW 50180, PV 3925 and PV 3015 (VW/Audi).
With FERMAPOR® K31 LOW-EMISSION foam sealing systems you get a whole range of advantages:
- FERMAPOR K31-A-45CO-1-G-LE low-emission polyurethane foam sealant reaches the strict targets according to Daimler's DBL 5452-13 specification. They have values of 100 µg for VOC emissions and 250 µg per gram of polyurethane for fogging behaviour.
- Perfect part protection against damp, dust and other environmental influences
- Low water absorption: Parts with this foam system, as elements of the whole, reach protection categories up to IP69K.
- Good adhesion to different material surfaces, on certain substrates after previous treatment.
- Adjustable viscosity from fluid to paste-like, flexible as regards part geometry
- Low bracing forces through different achievable Shore hardness
- Good recovery capacity: the low-emission foam systems recover by approx. 96-98% under test conditions at 70 C, essential for the maintenance of a tight seal after frequent opening and closing of a part.
FERMAPOR® K31 LOW-EMISSION foam sealing systems tested by independent institutions
The emission values of FERMAPOR® K31 LOW EMISSION foam sealing systems are tested by independent institutions according to the VDA 278 (thermodesorption analysis of organic emissions) and VDA 275 testing standards for formaldehyde emissions. In these tests, evaporation deposits of volatile organic components were measured at low temperatures in the form of VOC values as well as the evaporation of low volatility components at high temperatures, expressed by fog values.
The FIPFG (Formed In-Place Foam Gasket) dispensing technology for automated application of FERMAPOR® K31 FAST-CURE sealing foams directly on to the part is the industry standard in such sectors as the automobile, air conditioning and filter industries.