Broad product spectrum for optimal electronics protection
The increasing digitization of our world is based on the increasing prevalence of high-performance electronics and the latest sensor systems. This demands more effective protection for these sensitive electronic components and sensors from a range of environmental influences. Only in this way can the functionality of electronics appliances, and the safety of their users, be maintained on a long-term basis. The requirements for such an optimal electronics protection system are many and stringent:
- Protection from damp to fulfil impermeability guidelines in accordance with IP Codes or NEMA
- Protection from mechanical stresses and infringement against vandalism and plagiarism
- Micro-seals from 0.8 – 2 mm in cross-section for small-format parts
- Listings under UL 50 / UL 50E (tightness) for the safety of electrical/electronic housings and devices
- RoHS conformity (restriction of hazardous substances) in accordance with EU-guideline 2011/65/EU for the restriction of the use of certain dangerous substances in electrical and electronic devices
- ATEX protection in explosion danger zones
- Aging resistance, also under variable temperature
- Electrostatic charge and heat dissipating at high temperatures
- Electrical insulation of cables against leakage current
- Good flow properties for the filling of complex cavities
- Good adhesion on various surfaces
- Low material stress, so that fine electronic wires do not tear, as well as vibration and shock resistance
A broad range of properties from Sonderhoff
We fulfil these and many other requirements of electronic appliances with the broad spectrum of properties of our product systems. They range from FERMAPOR® K31 foam sealants through FERMAGLUE® adhesives for sealing or gluing electronics housings to FERMADUR® potting systems for potting of electronics components and circuit boards.
Whether it’s electronics housings, crash sensors, plugs, cables, circuit boards, relays, capacitors, transformers or other electronic assemblies – Sonderhoff has the right solution for every application and every task.
Tested a thousand times and approved a thousand times over.